Thursday, November 24, 2011

For the Love of Zooey Deschanel

I have loved Zooey for years, even before she started getting larger roles.I know that she tends to be one of those actresses people love to hate. (My best friend calls her the female Michael Cera) And it's true that she sort of does cash in on her indie cuteness quite frequently. But she embraces herself fully and has fun doing so.

Here are some of the reasons why I love her (and some cute outfits you can buy if you want to feel like an indie princess.)

1. She is the great grandaughter of President Paul Deschanel of France. C'mon. I'm a total Francophile and I think that's pretty much obvious from the fact that I came BACK to school to acquire another degree in French, so I can spread the beautiful sounds of Gaul in the classroom. But...isn't that just kind of cool?

Here is M. Paul, himself.


2. You know you're jealous of those bangs. I wish I could pull them off, but my foray into bangs was short lived and ended up with me sweeping them to the side.



3. This girl is all about the accessories and most of them look like the type we all wanted to wear as a little girl. Big bows. Sparkly Necklaces. I know I still feel giddy when I see a sparkly pink bauble, and I'm 27.


And I know I'm not the only female who feels that way.




4. You can actually afford to dress like Zooey! She's not all about the labels, she goes for what feels/looks best. Which means the rest of us can thrift store it up, at prices considerably less than if Anna Wintour is your fashion icon. Take this Modcloth dress which looks strikingly similar the dress she wears in the promotional poster for her new show 'New Girl' (which is actually a pretty cute show)



5. She has a fun band! She & Him. Also she wrote the jingle/theme song for her new show. I miss televisions having theme songs. I can only jam out to "I'll be there for you." from Friends, so often. TV shows need more theme songs! Bring back the Golden Girls, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment